BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dyeing Yarn

My yarn is getting here Tuesday, but while all three boys are napping I figured instead of doing something productive I'll plan next weekend.

Before Friday: Prep yarn and write out detailed steps
Friday evening: Soak yarn in water, vinegar, and dawn dishsoap
Saturday Morning: Prepare workspace
-probably the kitchen counter... i need to lay down a tarp/garbage bags/old towels and sheets
Saturday an hour before I paint: prepare dye
-1/2 tsp dye to 3/8 cup of hot water, plus 1 tbsp vinegar... something like this
Saturday afternoon: paint and heat set my dye
-I still need to decide if I'm going to use steam or the microwave
Sunday morning: rinse my yarn and hang to dry
-I have no clue where I'm going to hang to dry. Hopefully, it will be nice out and I can put it on our porch - if not maybe the laundry room so it doesn't get in Brandon's way.

0 comments: