BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Nursing Pads

Nursing pads are a super quick and easy project. I personally HATE disposable nursing pads - that plasticy/paper feeling is gross and the price of them adds up.

I know some breastfeeding moms never need nursing pads, but I'm definitely not one of those moms. This is probably more than you would like to know, but I have super let down and am super leaky. It's nice that I don't have a supply issue, but I'm slightly over the wasted milk.

Anyways, if I were to use disposable nursing pads. I would be spending about $10 a week on pads, that $40 a month, and if I were to breastfed for a year $480. Is it worth $20 bucks in fabric for some good quality nursing pads - I'd say so! I haven't tried anything that you can buy in the store, but I hear they don't hold up at all.

I have 6 pairs floating around and since I'm washing diapers everyday it's not a big deal. They are made of zorb and bamboo fleece. They aren't itchy, they aren't too big or too small, and I don't feel like I'm being wasteful when I use a fresh clean pair.

You can find nursing pads on Etsy or Hyena Cart. The great thing about those two sites is the fact that alot of the moms making the products are open to customs. So, I higly recommend to my pregnant/ already breastfeeding/ someday parents to find someone to make you nursing pads that will fit you comfortably and made of absorbent materials!

0 comments: