BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 17, 2009

Next Project (s)...

I don't know at what point I became old and started to prefer "grandmother" hobbies, but I guess you need to start sometime. I'm not totally old. I don't like to cook or bake and I know little about gardening (however, I will someday when we have a yard). Maybe it's all out of rebellion. My mother isn't crafty at all. Actually, I feel confident in saying my mother will never make anything but food for her grandchildren. Which is fine - I know I'll forever hear "this doesn't taste like Grammy's" or "Grammy's are SOOO much better. Why can't you cook/bake like her?" It will be awesome... At least I have boys. They eat anything.

I need to get to diaper making. Pockets aren't working for Everett and the newborn diapers are too small. I have all this awesome fabric. However, my serger is going to need to be serviced. I'm totally pushing the thing into overdrive. It needs a good cleaning and the tensions to be fixed. I know I could always do turn and topstitch, but they take longer to dry.

Longies. There is always a crochet project started. I have two custom dyed yarns. One is here and the other is on the way. They are so pretty and I can't wait to tunisian them up.

I also have plain white yarn and dye on the way. Brandon is probably going to kill me. I might wait till we go home to PA to do it, but then my mother will want to kill me. There is just so much more room in PA and I can use the garage instead of our kitchen. I can't wait. There is such pretty painted yarn out there - I can only hope I can make some pretty yarn too.

So, for the record. It has taken me an hour and a half to write this blog. I've changed 3 diapers, fed Everett twice, read Benny a couple of books, and started a load of diapers. Everything just takes a couple of hours these days...

0 comments: