BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Who is reading my blog?

I have no clue, but maybe someone can give me some advice about my pattern.

My tunisian crochet pattern is written. I could take some pictures and make a video so everything is clear, but now what do I do?

I can...
a. Keep it to myself and make cute longies for my children and friends
b. Keep it to myself and sell the longies (and still make for my children and friends)
c. Sell my pattern
d. Give my pattern away for free
e. Any combination of the above

If I sell my pattern I have learn and deal with copyrights and I don't know if I really want to do that. If I give my pattern away for free - I doubt I'll ever sell any that I actually make (why buy things you can do yourself).

Do I even care about a profit? Honestly, it would just be nice to buy craft supplies. I have no idea if I want to deal with the upkeep of a store on Hyena Cart or Etsy. I don't even know how much it costs to have a store monthly. I can do a pair a week, but I don't really want the pressure of getting one done a week.

What about taxes?

The thought of ALL the work and money needed to get started is a little overwhelming.

Another concern is who will really buy my longies. I'm not going to lie - they are pretty awesome, BUT everyone is hurting for money. So, this is where I think selling the pattern might be best. However, the cloth diapering community has been very helpful, we are all on a budget, and few people know about tunisian crochet in the round. A free pattern would mean I can give back to the cloth diapering community and spread the love for tunisian.

I just wish that if I gave it away for free I could enforce others to pay it forward. I wonder if it would be possible to STRONGLY threaten/suggest a donation to miracle diapers if someone planned on selling them. The online cloth diapering community is large, but not that large. I could find the seller and call them out on some public forum.

These are just my thoughts. I know they are random, but I'm sitting her nursing Everett and I'm not going to try and organize them.

I need someone to tell me what to do.

0 comments: